California Emergency Response Corps; CERC; is a statewide preparedness/ response program
whose goal is to help Californians become better prepared and to deploy to disasters such as
wildfires, floods, earthquakes and food banks. Bay Area Community Resources is the legal applicant
agency for the program. This program is part of a larger statewide California Volunteer campaign to
boost emergency preparedness in communities experiencing social isolation, poverty, or language
barriers, and food insecurities.
California Volunteers, which manages California AmeriCorps programs, identified several counties
that are especially vulnerable to the effects of disasters. There is an urgent need for the development
of an infrastructure in vulnerable communities throughout California that can deliver emergency
support to our vulnerable communities.
Responsibilities & Requirements
TO APPLY: Email the completed job application (mandatory), resume (optional), and cover letter (optional) to Ana Luisa Lopez, Human Resources Manager, at email@example.com.
● Bachelor's Degree completed or in progress (preferred)
● Two years of professional or volunteer experience (or a Bachelor's Degree)
● Aged 18+
● U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident
● Ability to otentially serve evenings and weekends as needed
● Ability to deploy on short notice anywhere in California for disaster response four times yearly for up to two weeks each
Desired Knowledge and Skills
● Biliterate in English and Spanish
● Experience working with community programs, nonprofits, churches, and/or other community programs
● Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
For the full list of Qualifications, Desired Knowledge, Experience, and Education, please download the full job description above.